I posted this elsewhere back in February 2016, when the FBI was attempting to force Apple to develop software to break the security of the iPhone.
Me: Thanks for joining us. My guest today is the distinguished Mr. Thomas Jefferson. Mr. Jefferson, thank you for joining us here today.
Continue reading “A Chat with Mr. Jefferson”
So far I’ve managed to strongly disagree with folks on the following topics.
- Obama was born in Kenya.
- The 9/11 disaster was staged by the United States government.
- Cell phones cause cancer.
I assert that we do not have enough evidence to accept any of the above statements. I don’t claim they are false, just that there is not sufficient evidence to conclude that they are true… or even likely. Continue reading “Evidence”
I haven’t written anything on the blog in a while, so it’s probably time. This comes from Facebook comments (what doesn’t these days). Social networking is fun! I’ve paraphrased and added emphasis below because, hey, this is my blog, after all. So, let’s visit that Obama birth certificate issue One More Time… Continue reading “Obama’s Birth Certificate”
Florida GOP Chairman Jim Greer says Obama’s school speech uses taxpayer dollars (i.e., your dollars) to indoctrinate your children.
As the father of four children, I am absolutely appalled that taxpayer dollars are being used to spread President Obama’s socialist ideology.
Really. Do you support compulsory government-funded education? Okay, there’s no point in asking that. Continue reading “Obama May Speak To Your Children”
Gone. Unsurprising, really. Was Van Jones a truther? Well, he signed the petition, and I don’t think he can point to any public statement where he repudiated the truthers until recently… and then very weakly. He says he was the victim of a “vicious smear campaign.” Sure, I’ll grant that. So? He’s a politician and a lawyer, after all. Continue reading “Exit Van Jones”
How about passing simple legislation that is straightforward? We could do each of these – but not in one bill!
- Allow purchasing health insurance from out-of-state vendors. That is, “crossing state lines” to buy insurance. This is currently illegal.
- Allow and encourage the formation of health insurance alliances that pool many small businesses or even individuals.
- Require insurers to offer a basic “minimum coverage” policy. We could require everyone to purchase it… and make it (a) tax exempt or (b) refundable. We could even do a “prebate” as with the Fair Tax. Continue reading “Stacy’s Dumb Idea of the Day: Baby Steps”
I’ve seen the “public option” compared to the Post Office (by the President), and I just saw it compared to public colleges by Sen. Schumer (D-NY). Continue reading “The Public Option… Again”
In order for the market to reduce the cost to you, you need two things.
- You need to have a choice.
- You need to be the one paying the bill.
If you lack either of these, you will be, in essence, ignored by the market, almost as if you were a non-participant. Continue reading “The Public Option”
What about Obama’s KENYAN birth certificate produced by Orly Taitz?
I was asked about this recently. It took me less than one minute to find the following, and follow just a few of the references. Continue reading “PROOF Obama was born in KENYA?”